Facebook reaction metrics

Hi @diskborste

Can the engagement metrics be changed to total count instead of having it just on post (please see screenshot attached)? Given that the reach number is a total count, which includes the reach from shares as well: https://www.facebook.com/help/336143376466063

Here are the metrics that can be changed to total count:
• Comments
• shares

Here is the new metrics to include for total count:
• Sad

Many thanks!

Attached screenshots for your reference:

Are you talking about the Facebook connector or the Facebook Insights connector? Not sure if it's possible on the former.

Facebook insights connector

Okay, I will look into the reactions. Just so we are on the same page, in the latest update of the Facebook Insights connector, I changed so Likes, Comments, and Shares count the total sum. Is this true for you as well?

Yup correct, so everything is on facebook insights

The first screenshot was taken directly from the facebook page itself
The second screenshot was taken from the SEOtools facebook insights connector
Please see below, hopefully it makes it clearer :slight_smile:

(i) Total reaction is a sum of the like, love, haha, wow, sad, angry etc. I think they have it on the graph api as well: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/page-post/reactions/

(ii) The "like" metrics from SEOtools facebook insights seems to differ quite a bit from the facebook insights one. Possible to map it to the likes total count?

(iii) The metrics that is currently measuring "on post". Is it possible to change it to total count?

• Comments
  • Shares

(iv) Currently the "sad" reaction is not inside the facebook insights connector metrics, is it possible to include it (total count)?

From facebook insights (facebook.com)

From facebook insights (seotools)

Weird, it appears the public metrics returns higher counts compared to the "insights" metrics only available if you have access to the Facebook page.

Try this build which contains a new version of Facebook and Facebook Insights. Also added total reaction count to both.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

• I’ve installed the latest build you have provided.
  • I tried updating to the lastest facebook connector and the reaction metrics were not available, so I reinstalled the latest build without any updated facebook connectors)

Here are the results:

Observations:

I’ve noticed that the SEOtools facebook insights and SEOtools facebook public is the same now. I’ve mapped the numbers gotten from SEOtools to the facebook page itself as seen in the screenshots

Here’s an article detailing why there might be a difference between facebook insights and facebook public data: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/812490812275416

Possibilities?

• Is SEOtools facebook insights able to access the facebook insights data from facebook page, total count number?
  • I think the SEOtools facebook insights should be mapped to facebook insights data from facebook while SEOtools facebook public should be mapped to facebook public data from facebook.

Workaround that is currently available:

I’m not sure how difficult it is to get the metrics that are needed, as a workaround:

Due to the differences in facebook public and facebook insights. I might just stick to SEOtools facebook insights “Engaged Users” metrics that is currently already available.

Taking “engaged users” divided by “impressions unique” to get engagement rate.

Appreciate all your help in this :blush:

Yes, I am aware they are the same. I rewrote it because the numbers are larger than the insights metrics, which is weird.

Field used before: post_reactions_love_total
Field used now: reactions_love.summary.total_count

Perhaps the insights field only checks the actual post and ignores shares? If so, I have no idea how to get the total.

Also, thank you for excellent case summaries :slight_smile:

1 Like