Exception from HRESULT:0x800A03EC

Attempting to use the Google Search Console Connector and am getting this error when I attempt to insert the formula:

Exception from HRESULT:0x800A03EC

if I just insert values, things are fine. Inserting a formula results in the above error. Here’s the formula I’m trying to use (where xxxxx is my domain):

=Connector("GoogleSearchConsole.SearchAnalytics","https://xxxxx.org/","2018-09-30","2018-10-05","country==USA","web",3000,0,"Page,Clicks",TRUE)

After flashing the exception, the reset of the column actually comes in and the cell holding the formula retains an error.

Restarting Excel didn’t help.

I re-installed the latest version of SEOTools as well (8.0.36).

Thoughts?

Hi,

Not sure why you are getting this error. Have you tried using dump before the formula? Also, can you post a print screen of the "About" window to make sure your references are correct?

I’m actually using the dump:

=Dump(Connector("GoogleSearchConsole.SearchAnalytics","https://xxxx.org/",CR3,CR3+6,"country==USA","web",3000,0,"Page,Clicks",TRUE))

Where CR3 is a date in the format: yyyy-mm-dd

temp

I’m also seeing "Cannot perform runtime binding on a NULL reference."

I’m running .net framework 4.7, BTW.

Yesterday I reinstalled SEOtools. When I clicked on "Manage" in order to redownload some connectors, I just got this error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

You know what, it must be a corrupted spreadsheet or something. The same formula in a blank, new sheet, works fine. So, I’ll rebuild my workbook and see what happens. :frowning:

How did it work out with the new workbook? :slight_smile:

The new workbook turned out to be just the trick!

1 Like

Getting this error again (Feb. 6, 2023), not sure why.

• This is a brand-new workbook
  • Have restarted Excel
  • Have reinstalled SEOTools

Also, the formula I’m using often shows the #VALUE error in the cell containing the formula — despite correctly pulling the data I’ve requested. There actually isn’t an error, and the field is formatted with "General." Any idea what’s going on?

Here’s the formula I’m using:

@Dump(Connector("GoogleSearchConsole.SearchAnalytics",$C$3,R$7,R$7+6,"country == usa
query !regex "&$C$5,"web",TRUE,0,"Query,Impressions",TRUE,$C$4))

Where cell C3 has the GSC domain I’m querying, cell R7 has the beginning date for the date range, and cell C5 has a regex.

Am using SEOTools 9.7.1.

The GSC connector is version 78.

Often, refreshing the query multiple times will resolve the #VALUE but that doesn’t really seem to address whatever is causing the error.

Thanks for any help!

Rich

Very difficult to say based on all the variables in your sheet. I would create a new formula from the Google Search Console connector, then replace one argument at a time with a formula reference to see when it fails.