Excel crashes with the latest Office update received

Seotools%20excel

I have received an update from Office today, after that when I try to close the Excel is not possible. Also, starting Excel I receive a message error which I have attached.

Once Seotools has been uninstalled the problem disappears and excel works correctly.

Could you check it?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Only had one report about this issue and this trick seemed to solve it:

Open Excel-Options-Advanced-In General Options-Check ‘Ignore Other Applications that use DDE’ Or Go to excel option select "Custom". Then in the dropdown select "Office Menu" Then scroll down and find "X". Select it and move it to the right listbox. This will add the "X" to the ribbon and when you click it it should close excel.

After enable the option still showing runtime error when Excel starts

Runtime [Error] Unexpected error trying to run SyncMacro for queued macro execution. : TargetInvocationException - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

And adding the X custom doesn't work for me.

I have tried with three Seotools versions and repairing Office. But nothing. Yesterday was working correctly. Today after the Office update has started the problem

I'm in the same boat. I've installed / re-installed and tried the ignore DDE option - but nothing worked.

I can run Excel, but the interface is broken. Menu items with pop-down submenus appear slightly transparent and cannot be clicked on. When I try to exit Excel it won't shut and just hangs.

Removing the addon returns Excel to normal functioning.

hmmm I have similiar problem - now worst part is my Excel can't even open.

Anyway I can manually remove the add-in first?

Sorry to hear that. If you can't open Excel then you can uninistall SeoTools from the Windows uninstall programs menu. If you can open Excel, then you can deactivate from Excel add-ins menu.

Also, please try this beta, it might work better:
https://releases.seotoolsforexcel.com/SeoTools_v9.2.0.0_20200429.zip

Hi thanks or the new version - however it doesn't work either.

I can uninstall it - but regardless how many time I reinstall - it just wont work (Excel just close down automatically when I open it)

Did something change before this happened? Office 365 update?

I might have found the issue. Can you check if you have both Sitemap.xml and SitemapParser.xml in the Connectors folder (in SeoTools install dir)?

I discover this issue when I tried to open existing Excel file that contains SEO tools formula.

I believe both connectors are installed - but now I don't have ways to check it as I can't open excel at all.

Can you try and remove SitemapParser.xml and try again?

Also, is a second Excel window open after you start Excel? Kind of hidden and only visible if you hover over Excel in the taskpar in Windows.

Hi it works - thanks for the tips

1 Like