Is there a future for SeoTools for Excel?

Hi Niels,

Could you please respond on the following.

Now, on the bottom of your download-page, you make clear that: "SeoTools doesn’t work on Mac or Linux, Google Docs or OpenOffice. Just plain old Excel&Windows."

Isn't it better to say: 'SeoTools doesn’t work on Mac or Linux, Google Docs or OpenOffice. It also doesn't work on cloud-versions of Office, like Office 365, Office 2013 and Office 2016."

Is that right? But that would mean that the tool only works on a Windows operating system, with Office/Excel 2010 or earlier.

Microsoft is very active in upgrading users to Office 365 and Office 2016. So isn't the group potential 'seo tools for excel'-users dying out very quickly?

Microsoft says: "If you have an earlier version of Office, including Office Home & Student 2013, Office Home & Business 2013, and Office Professional 2013, it’s time to upgrade to Office 365 or Office 2016.".

90% of my seo-students have to make too much effort to get seo tools for excel running on their machines. And that's a pity, because I love your software.

What are you ideas and plans about this serious issue?

Thanks,
Alain

SeoTools works fine with desktop Office 2016. You can't compare a cloud version of Excel written in Javascript with the full power and capabilities of the desktop version of Excel. You can do trivial things in the cloud but If you're working with large sets of data a cloud spreadsheet will simply not work.

Thanks. I think it would be very helpful for a lot of people if you could exactly specify the Operating System and Excel/Office requirements. I'm looking forward hearing from you again.

I can confirm that SeoTools works with Office 365.

That's great to hear, Victor. But you are using the desktop version of office 365, I assume? And b.t.w., when one buys office 365, is a desktop-version included? Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean with "desktop version". I have a license from my company and I download Office 365 from our shared online account. I have it installed on two different laptops and both run Seo Tools for Excel.