XpathOnURL & Proxies

Hello,

I am trying to use proxies with SEO Tools for Excel but in the formulas. I know how to use proxies via Settings/Global HTTP Settings, but I can't find the right way to use them with the HttpSettings() function.

For example, if I have
A1 --> ip : 151.151.22.22
B1 --> port : 128
C1 --> user : cydz
D1 --> pass : pass

E1 could be for example : =A1&","&B1&","&C1&","&D1
wich would give 151.151.22.22,128,cydz,pass

but what should be the formula to get the right settings ?

=HttpSettings( ) ??

Can you try:

=HttpSettings(TRUE;;;;;;;;{"151.151.22.22:128""cydz""pass"})

or with cell references:

=CONCAT("HttpSettings(TRUE;;;;;;;;{";CHAR(34);A5;":";A6;CHAR(34);"";CHAR(34);A7;CHAR(34);"";CHAR(34);A8;CHAR(34);"})")

It would be prettier if you had the quotation mark in a cell to reference instead of char(34).

Hello @diskborste and thank you for your help.

I tried both option but with the first one I get an error

In French, this means that there is an error in the formula. I think the problem comes from the quotes.

And with the second option (cell references), I only get the result as text, as you can see here

I had to change CONCAT in CONCATENER & CHAR in CAR because I have a French version of Excel but this is the same thing.

You are correct, referencing cells appears to be broken. I'll report this as a bug. In the meantime, perhaps you can use my formula to generate the correct string and manually past it as text in your formulas?

Note that Excel with different locales use different sign as parameter separator.

Replace the ";" in @diskborste formula to "," and you should get it working.

So this part of the function "{"151.151.22.22:128""cydz""pass"}" is a constant array and formulas and references aren't allowed in these.

I suggest you take the result of HttpSettings and copy to value so you get a string like this:

Then you insert the values using Format:

Note that you need to use "," instead of ";" as argument separator.

1 Like

Hi @diskborste
Hi @nielsbosma

thank you for your help.

So in the French version of Excel, we do use ";" as argument separator and not ",". So this is OK.

I tried with your formula Niels :

=Format("<HttpSettings><Proxies><Proxy Address=""{0}"" User=""{1}"" Password=""{2}"" /></Proxies></HttpSettings>";A3;A4;A5)

and this work to generate the HttpSettings part.

Then I used it with the XpathOnUrl formula (with the right proxy infos) and it works :

Thank you again for your help. I will probably write a blog article in a couple of weeks to explain this.

1 Like