using the Spider I notice something unusual.
I pull in the HtmlMetaDescription and ticked I the condition to see if the length was wrong.
Now I found a problem the results returned to excel are not encoded in UTF-8
Example the Spider results returned:
You can see you're and Google's are returned as I think incorrectly. UTF-8 encoding on-site means should be correct.
So the length check is incorrect in the excel cell, that it's reading the incorrect data.
I found here two examples.
remove space otherwise, the forum editor puts image links inside.
The default settings for the HTTP are set for UTF-8 results.