Seo tools error when opening new sheets

need help with my seo tools.
when i open new sheet in excel i get this message:

Registration [Error] xlfRegister call failed for function or command: 'W3CValidate'
Initialization [Warning] ResolvePath: Could not find SeoTools.config.debug.xml from DnaDirectory C:\Users\gniklas\Desktop\seo 5.0.7
Initialization [Warning] Assembly SEOTOOLS.XMLSERIALIZERS could not be loaded from resources.
Initialization [Warning] Assembly SEOTOOLS.XMLSERIALIZERS could not be loaded from resources.
Initialization [Warning] ResolvePath: Could not find SeoTools.config.debug.xml from DnaDirectory C:\Users\gniklas\Desktop\seo 5.0.7

can u help my with this?
windows 7 64 bits
excel 2013 32 bits

greg

Hi Greg,

Can you confirm that you have installed the 32-bit version of SeoTools?

If you indeed have installed the 32-bit version, please try clearing the cache by clicking the clear cache button in the About dialog. If the error doesn't let you get that far, please try reinstalling the latest version of SeoTools completely.

Will

hi,
yes, i have 32-bits version of seo and excel2013

unistalled it completely and installed brand new one,
stiil get the same error when opening sheets,
now sometimes when i run GA query excel stops working :frowning:

any ideas?

Hi @gniklas, will try to solve your error message bug in the next version.

Can you describe the steps you take so I can reproduce your GA issues?

@gniklas About the xlfRegister error:

Need to how if the rest of SeoTools works? Functions like SeoToolsVersion()

Did any previous version of SeoTools work for you? Maybe that version still is installed?

Could there be anything special with your computer / office installation?

Hey there,

I am experiencing a similar Problem. I am Using Win 7 64 bits / Excel 64 bits. updated to new Version of SEO Tools after entering the License Key (first time i am using the paid Version).

Before downloading and unpacking the new SEO Tools Version i deleted the old Version comletely and "deleted" the Add In in Excel by unchecking it in the Options Menu. Then unpacked the new Version in the Add In folder and connected it to Excel after having closed it completely.

This is what I read then:

Initialization [Warning] ResolvePath: Could not find SeoTools.config.debug.xml from DnaDirectory C:\Users\a.kreimer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns
Initialization [Warning] ResolvePath: Could not find SeoTools.config.debug.xml from DnaDirectory C:\Users\a.kreimer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

I hope you are able to fix it, because i really need SEO Tools for work.

Greetz
Andre

hi,
nielsbosma - rest of function work fine, seotools version insert 5.0.7 value into cell.
I have big problem with google analytics section, it is not stable when i try to get lats of results or refresh old function to grab new data - whole excel is crashing.

Can you give me links to one or two previews versions of your excelent plugin ?

:smile:

Greg

Previous release:
About GA:
Please bench with 4.4. If you're getting large amounts of data Excel sometime freezes. Then you need to wait until calculations are done.

About the error on statup:
If you close Excel and the open the SeoTools.xll.config and remove these lines:

Then open Excel with SeoTools. Then a SeoTools.log should be produced that you can send me for analysis.

thank you!
after remove this lines errors on startup doesent shows again :smile:
thanks for previous relase, if some errors or crashes will shows, i'l tray older one.

where can i send you this log?

greg

Great. This logfile can become quite large so I don't recommend this for a long term solution.
Send it to niels (the a thing) bosmainteractive (dot) se.