Refresh fetched data

Hi,

i want to refresh the data, that SEOTools for Excel bring me in my sheet, like "Collect every data from Google Analytics, SEMRush & Co again".

How is that possible?

Insert as formulas. Set calculations to manual and the recalculate sheet when you need to refresh.

Hi Nils,

i try it (set the calculations to manual, recalculate the sheet), but it doesn't work. My Formula looks like:

=Dump(SEMrushPhraseAll("keyword";"de";;"Ph,Nq,Cp,Nr";WAHR))

It works and give me the right Data back, but when i try to recalculate the sheet, there is no new data collected.

Do you know whats going wrong?

I have same problem. I have fetched data from google search console, but it wont refresh after manual calulation. On the other hand, when I click to excel cell where formula is (like i want to edit it) and press enter, than it refresh data. But I have 30 other formulas in sheet so obviously, I want to refresh it all at the same time.

I figured it out! All you need to do is to close Excel completely so that SEOtools will be turned off, too. Then open your sheet and start SEOTools again. Now click refresh (I had mine set to manually) and it will work.

1 Like

That is not a very friendly way to re-calculate my Xpathonurl
We should not have to close excel and start again

I can't seem to get my Xpathonurl to fetch new data by setting sheet calculations to manual and then hitting the calculate sheet or calculate now buttons?

Could you explain how you do this? Do you deactive SEOTools in the settings?

I always use Ctrl+Alt+F9 to update all (XPathOnUrl) formulas in my dashboard. It takes a while (when you have a lot of formulas) but it sure works.

Just close Excel completely, not just one file if more are opened. That will automatically turn off SEOtools. Not setting changes required.

Hm... it doesn't work. I have Dump-Formular instead of the XPathOnUrl.

Also when a use Ctrl+Alt+F9 the formular are not beeing updated.

Is there maybe any other possibility to get the data new?

Hi,

any idea to getting the problem solved?

I know it's not so good idea,
when i insert new row or column between or first of data,
then all cells are re-calculated..

Is the refresh issue solved with the SeoTools 6 version?

I select the cell I want and hit F2 on my keyboard, then Enter to refresh. so far, it refreshes, for me, though for some services, it counts as an additional pull, so I've adopted the following process:

1. Instead of using the "=" at the beginning of a function, I use a "#"
  2. When I'm reasonably certain it will pull the correct data, I use ctrl F and find and replace all of the "#" with "="

I found a work around for this! Just append the function N(Now()) to the website inside XPathOnURL and it will update when you click Calculate Now.

Try this:
=XPathOnUrl("https://time.is/"&N(NOW()),".//*[@id='twd']")

2 Likes

Or you can turn of caching in SeoTools. Or bust the cache between caching.

1 Like