Majestic connector is now "free"?

According to the announcement email I received today:

❝The only free features in SeoTools are now Majestic and AccuApi…. These companies have sponsored us to integrate their APIs in SeoTools and can be used without a license key.❞

With regard to Majestic, that seems to be incorrect. According to their blog, one must have a paid account to use the Majestic OpenApp API. Majestic OpenApps - Now every SEO Tool can Request Majestic Link Data (Conditions Apply!) - Majestic Blog:

And when I use SEOTools to attempt to login to Majestic, I’m eventually taken to this page:

So far, I’m terribly disappointed in version 7 of SEOTools. I’m going to look into downgrading back to a previously good version because I really need access to AHrefs data, and that’s no longer available as well.

Rich

Free means you don't need a Pro subscription of SeoTools. We apologize for Ahrefs, and are working on a fix for the API/subscription issues.

1 Like

Okay, that clarifies things.

Thanks for working on AHrefs. Their support team confirmed to me that as far as they knew, there had been no intention to block API access to SEOTools, and that they were not aware of any discussions about this between Ahrefs and SEOtools.

R