IsDomainRegistered

i'm using SEOTools to check for WHOIS availability on a list of TLDs.

there are 3 columns in my spreadsheet..

A = TLD (e.g .com)
B = Domain (domain)
C = IsDomainRegistered(D2&A2)

I noticed that I was getting wrong results in C for some TLDs (such as .actor and .ad) - I figured out that this was caused by the responses received from whois-servers.net (e.g .ad doesn't have a whois server, so there should be no result)... i've rem'd out the whois-servers.net line in the config.xml file and that seems to have worked - don't know if there is a better way to do it?

what I would really like to do is to be able to refresh the spreadsheet in some way (menu, shortcut or button) so that it will re-check the whois of the TLDs - i've turned caching off; i've tried refreshing the connections; pressing "Calculate Now" - but the only way i've managed to do it is to manually edit (or copy&paste) the cell value(s) of B.

is there a method for it to recheck multiple IsDomainRegistered lookups at the press of a button - I feel that I must be missing something obvious!

at this stage, i'm not bothered about running into whois lookup limits - I can deal with that later.

In the next version of SeoTools there will be a lot more TLDs configured.

Hi Niels,

thanks for the reply.

for me, the issue isn't about the number of TLDs configured - i'll be adding around 3,000 TLDs to the config file (just the WhoIsNotFoundRegex entry - not bothered about dates at this stage) - I already have an extensive list of mine to work from, so that's the easy bit for me!

to give you an idea of what i'm doing, below is a screenshot from my Excel 2007 sheet - the TLD in Column A is being pulled from an external site, D is just a search term for a domain that should be available and if E equals "False", then it isn't registered - and I know that the string term in the config file is correct.

that's the whole point of this - to be able to bulk check TLDs on a regular basis to see that the WhoIsNotFoundRegex string is still correct.

i'm trying to figure out a clever way of checking them alphabetically one letter at a time - e.g, perhaps today I want to check TLDs starting with '.a' - I can do it by copy&paste the values into D for those TLDs, but was wondering if there was a better way to do it... although perhaps it's more of an excel question rather than an SEOTools one?

on another note, I wish there was a way to disable that Pro popup - I don't need any of the Pro features, but because i'm editing the config file 10 TLDs at a time, i'm having to close and reload Excel a lot to test the whois results.