Is It Possible To Extract Facebook Post ID from the below?

I have some software that exports Facebook post data with Post ID and Page ID in two separate columns - see below:

1692729160746203|279678448760878|BBC Future|How was your #SolarEclipse2017? (via BBC World Service)||56|0|16

Breakdown is Post ID | From ID | From Name | Text | Times | Reactions | Comments | Shares

I thought combining the second and first column would create the PageID_PostID format that SeoTools calls for but that isn't working. Am I missing something?

The URL this points to is
https://www.facebook.com/BBCFuture/videos/1692729160746203/ if that is of any help

It works for me:

Did you use the following construction of PageID_PostID?
279678448760878_1692729160746203

I did... though I have to admit I didn't try with that example and one in every few does seem to work. I can't get any of these to work. Am I doing something REALLY stupid? I must be!

It looks as if your ID:s in column A has been converted to numbers, thus being rounded up in the last digits. You should have them in text format, or concatenate the full ID string right away to avoid this annoying issue which has happened to me as well :slight_smile:

You're my hero! Took me going round in circles to figure out how to get Excel to import as text and not numbers but finally got there!

So appreciate the speedy response!

Hi @diskborste ,

I understand that it's really long process to extract the post & comments. !!

Are there any search option where I can put the " Facebook page name " and I can have all the post with actual comments by individual post?

Can you help me with some example?.

Hi,

It is probably possible by doing "nested requests", see the official Facebook API documentation for more info. However, SeoTools is not suited for storing and outputing nested arrays.

I would recommend doing this with SeoTools combined with VBA to automate the extraction of comments from all posts.