Help beta test SeoTools 7.0 - Lots of new Connectors!

We have decided to discontinue the freemium model of SeoTools from this version and forward. It's simply not working out with all the development, maintenance, and support that we're putting into this product. We hope that you understand. Trial keys can be registered directly in the Register menu.

https://links.seotoolsforexcel.com/latestbeta

##What's new?

6.1.2 (Released 2017-01-18)

• New Connectors
    • AccuApi (Fast ad-hoc rank tracking
    • Bing Search
    • LinkResearchTools
    • Gmail
    • Facebook Ads (stil working on OAuth authentication)
    • Face++ (Image recognition API)
    • Fixer.io (Currency exchange rate API)
    • Google BigQuery
    • Pinterest
  • New function:Distinct
  • Fixed bug with UnshortUrl for certain urls.
  • Fixed major performance bug in Connector engine.
  • Breaking change:Converted Ahrefs and BingScraper into Connectors.
  • Adding setting in SeoTools.config.xml for making async functions run syncronously (for VBA scripts).
  • Ability to specify a proxy when registering for SeoTools Pro.

6.1.9 (Released 2017-02-26)

• Lots of new and updated connectors (might be a few breaking changes). Among others:
  • Facebook, Facebook Insights & Facebook Ads are accessible with Ouath2 login.
  • Twitter Ads
  • Instagram Connector with Ouath2 login
  • Google Search (be sure to use proxy)
  • Google Trends
  • eBay Search
  • DMOZ Search
  • Yahoo Search
  • Wikipedia Search
  • Klout API
  • Itunes
  • HubSpot
  • Urban Dictionary
  • TimeZoneDB
  • Majestic converted to connector.
  • Optimized loading time.
  • Updated menu structure.
  • Added support for HTML base tags in the Spider.
  • Fixed issue with Spider not naming sheets correctly.
  • New function:DownloadFile
  • New function:ImageProperties
  • No longer a freemium product.

Hope you like our work!

/Niels & Victor

Hi Niels! Henrik from AccuRanker has kindly provided me with a Licence Key to beta test the newest version of SeoTools. Specifically, I am eager to try its AccuRanker integration.

I'm encountering an issue when using the Keywords List connector which causes Excel to crash.

I want to pull in all keywords for a domain, filtered by a dynamic search date. To achieve this, I am dumping the formula (with no headers) into an Excel table. The table has a column called 'Incremental Date' which reduces by one day every X rows, where X is the number of keywords in the dump.

This did not work, and crashed Excel. I noticed when I copied down the 'Incremental Date' column, and hence created my multiple API calls, "#GETTING_DATA" appeared in every row, even those where the connector formula had no reason to run. I tried to fix this by using the MOD function to blank the date in all but the first row of a new date, but Excel still crashes.

This is as far as I got - can you help? Is this a bug? Happy to send through my XLSX if it will help diagnose the problem. Thanks for your help!

Yes please send me your XLSX.

Many thanks Niels, I've emailed you via "info@". :smile:

HI Niels - the Ahrefs ASYNC connector is a magnificent improvement in the previous terrible sync connector, AHREFS is now usable for large data sets! Many thanks!

BUG:

If I ask for "Referring domains" metric for several hundred items (note this is a very simple metric that returns 1 long integer per item) the ASYNC connectors startup but AHREFS returns the obscure message "internal billing error". I am using a trial ahrefs account but it has full API access. If I tell the system to never show the error again, it seems to work fine.

My hunch may be that you are askiung for too many AHREFS at one time from the API and this is some sort of throttling?

Correction - after the "internal billing" error appears and we ignore it on seotools, the connector starts working very poorly, often coming up with #value etc

I tried to replicate this but had no issues. I would guess that this is because of your trial account and restricted API limits. Perhaps you are reaching the allowed calls per time unit. Can you try to set a delay in Http Settings and see if it works better?