Facebook Posts Search

Hi!
Do I have a possibililty to search for the posts quering the search term (e.g. "barbell training"), having multiple posts with their properties (like, comments, shares etc.) as a result?
I did it earlier.
Can't understand if my memory lets me down or if one of the abilities of seotools was deprecated..

Hi,

Unfortunately, Facebook closed the API which allowed searching for public posts. See this link for what is allowed:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/using-graph-api/v1.0#searchtypes

There are alternatives. You can apply for their partner program which is super hard to quality for. You can also purchase access to a service which scrapes public pages/groups regularly and provides a searchable API to their own database.

It's a pity! Could you please tell what services did you mean?

I know of these two but I'm sure others exists as well:

Datagnion
Futusome

1 Like

This Graph Search software will let you do it. Big negative is that it doesn't supply the URL with the data though so you end up having to search the post caption in FB again if you want more info. Better than nothing though (and I have been prodding them to add URLs in so maybe it will pop up one day soon!

1 Like

Wow, that's interesting. @diskborste, what's your take on it?

I'm not sure! Not willing to pay 40 dollars to find out :slight_smile:

I think it is mostly based on the public API for Pages/Groups as well as scraping users with low privacy settings. This can be achieved without paying.

Ha! I'm the sucker will pay 40 dollars because I'm not as smart as you to work out how to do it!