Excel (2016 32bit) crashes after Google Analytics Dumps

Hi Community,

my Excel - 2016 - 32 bit version - keeps crashing and restarting after I applying GA dumps. Here's what happens:

I have a dummy formula for the GA dump in a specific cell. After I login to GA via SeoTools, I copy the formula in more cells, so it extract the dumps according to the info in the other cells in each line. Sometimes everything works fine, and I get results, very often this process makes Excel crash though. The more cells I paste the formula to, the higher the chance of a crash. However, crash probablility is waaay bigger after the SeoTools 6 Launch, it happens almost every time now.

Did anybody experience similar stuff, and find a way to prevent Excel from crashing?

Cheers, and thanks,
Peter

Learning: A filter was still active on my worksheet. With the filter eliminated, excel is way less probable to crash.

1 Like

Can you email the sheet so I can bug test? Remove/replace any personal information with dummy urls if you need.

victor@seotoolsforexcel.com

Filter and Dump is not a good combo unfortunately.

Hi Victor, Niels,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Removing/Replacing all sensitive info would be quite an effort (and it's make the file much lighter than it is today, so change the circumstances, I guess).

But not to filter and dump seems to work well for the time being, so I'm all fine :smile:

Thanks again, cheers,
Peter

When performing larger queries using Dump(), I've also had good luck by first turning off automatic calculation. Once the results are returned, simply Copy the cell and Paste as Values before turn auto calc back on.

1 Like

Thx, WolfeDen, for your feedback!

Your hint makes sense. I follow a similar approach anyway, first storing data in a tab that's unrelated to any formula calculations, then - after the data is complete - paste values to the flat table that is the basis to formulas and analysis.

Most common reason for crashes is overlapping Dumps.