Community site takes registration and login details over insecure HTTP

The Community site doesn't have a valid SSL/TLS certificate, as it's for www.example.com and not signed by a valid CA. Personal information entered when signing up is sent in the clear and username/passwords entered when signing on also go in the clear over HTTP. Chrome and Firefox now both warn users when logging in over HTTP.

I also noticed that when validating my account via email, the email link sends me to the hardcoded IP address for the domain (13.93.53.90) and not community.seotoolsforexcel.com

Same. But it looks like this entire site is just a fancy forum with no account management so worst case scenario you'd just have to create a new login. But still no excuses.

Yeah, unfortunately most users re-use passwords at multiple sites so this could be exposing passwords for "more important" sites for those users.

I used login with Google which failed but got login with Twitter to work, at least then no passwords are disclosed.

Just to add. You're right about adding a secure connection over login. But it's not only the community it's the entire seotools site. Not sure what the hold up is, you can get an EV SSL for under $100 these days. Namecheap has good deals and I think they accept bitcoin.

And also, this board is from an open-source engine on github called Discourse. I'm thinking about implementing it on my ecommerce store (Which is Secure).

@diskborste Do you recommend Discourse for an ecommerce store? It looks really good. I just want to know from your experience and if you have any other recommendations.