Bugs in search console connector, version 5.1

Thanks for adding the Google Search Console connector in version 5.1. That gives a lot of new, exciting possibilities!

After a short experiment, I noticed two bugs:

1. The 'row limit' has a strange effect on the number of rows actually generated: setting the limit to 1000, 444 rows are generated. Setting the limit to 5000, 2766 rows are generated. Other settings were identical. Therefore I would expect 1000 rows to be generated when the limit is set to 1000.

2. The 'Formula' setting (with Dump-checkbox checked) ends with an error: "Google Search Console - Insert formula failed. See inner exception(s) for details.". The generated rows seem to be ok.

Hello Alain,

Thanks for you bug report. I will investigate these ASAP.

/Niels

1. This seems to be a bug in Google Search Console API. We'll have to live with it for now.
  2. I can't reproduce this issue. Can you send me detailed steps. Make sure you're using 5.1.3. Does it work with "insert as value"?

Hi Niels, thanks for your answers. Yes, I use 5.1.3. When selecting 'insert as value', the error stays away. So the problem only appears when using 'insert as formula'.

Detailed steps:

1. Select Google Search Console button
  2. Login
  3. Select site
  4. Select Formula
  5. Press Insert-button

Popup saying: "Google Search Console - Insert formula failed. See inner exception(s) for details.".

Weird. I can't reproduce it.

Do you get this for other connectors?

Enable debug mode and give me a screenshot of the error message.

What version of Excel? 32bit or 64bit.

Hi Niels,

After enabling the debugmode, I didn't get the error message anymore. Then I disabled the debugmode, and the message stayed away. That's weird indeed... (32 bit)

Maybe it was a temporary GSC error...